• 1 ½ pounds cooked and shredded chicken breasts
• EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 1 large cloves garlic, chopped
• 2 cups of Dave’s Red-Hot Enchilada Sauce (thawed and heated) – recipe above
• 1 can black olives, sliced
• 1 can green chilies
• 2 1/2 cups smoked cheddar cheese, shredded
• 10 corn tortillas
• 1 avocado, cut up
• Sour cream, salsa or whatever else you like on top
Yields: 4 servings
Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts just until done. Shred or cube and set aside.
Preheat a medium-size saucepot with the EVOO over medium heat and sauté the onions till soft. Add in the garlic toast a few seconds until fragrant. Add the green chilies, ¼ c. of sliced olives, the chicken and ¼ c. enchilada sauce and heat.
Heat the remaining enchilada sauce just until warm and the corn tortillas until soft. Spread a few tablespoons of enchilada sauce on the bottom of an 8x12 glass baking dish. Divide the chicken mixture equally among the warm tortillas. Toss a little cheese on top and roll each one up, then line the dish with the rolled enchiladas, seam side down. Pour the remaining sauce over the chicken enchiladas and top with remainder of the cheese.
Place in 350° oven and bake 20 minutes or so, until the cheese is melted, brown and bubbly. Top with avocado, remainder of sliced olives, sour cream, and anything else you like on top.
Serve with Spanish rice.