Friday, May 14, 2010

Homeschooling: The road less traveled reaps huge rewards!

On May 5, 2010, my brother Dwight's Facebook entry read as follows:

This week is Teacher Appreciation Week! If you have a Teacher or Teachers, (including Subs!!), that made a difference in your life, Please let them know how much they meant to you!!!

I wrote: My "students" remind me every day how much they appreciate their teacher....a homeschool teacher has many rewards including lots of hugs, kisses, and thank yous!

And later I wrote: My students are finished with school with straight A's....that's the best thing they could do for their mama and their teacher! :D

My sister Joyce then wrote: When Mom does the grading, it's always straight A's!

To which I replied: Joyce -- you are SOOOO Wrong! I give them A's only when they earn it. I use objective tests, so until you are a homeschooler, don't assume anything!

And my sister, Dru (who also homeschooled her children) said: Agreed Camille! My kids got A's in college too!

Here is Nathaniel's entry:

I've liked all of MY teachers so far! :D They do a wonderful job, because, my two teachers, my mom and dad, know me well and I pick up quickily. But, yes Mom, I agree with you, I do earn my grades. I get them because I work hard, not because you're my mom. Even though it's hard to believe, I have gotten B's in school. :-) Yes, I do appreciate my teachers, because they have taken the harder road: Homeschooling. Instead of working and getting things for herself, my mom teaches me, and even if you don't like homeschooling, you have to admit that's love. May 7, 2010 at 11:21am

Nathaniel said it all....he makes my heart sing....and although the journey of homeschooling is a road less traveled, it is a road that brings endless rewards. Thank you, my son!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly