Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Two of the three Cantwell men...making good gravy!
Smoked cheddar and bleu cheese ball w/crackers
Bacon-wrapped Cornish Hens
Sourdough, sausage and roasted chestnut dressing
Parmesan-mascarpone mashed potatoes
Sweet potato casserole
Green bean salad with walnuts, fennel and goat cheese
Cranberry Compote
Pickles, olives, pickled beet tray
Pecan Pie

This year, Nathaniel, Joshua, David and I spent Thanksgiving Day together gathered around the bountiful blessings of God. The best part of Thanksgiving was realizing just how blessed I am to have a wonderful family and that we can all be together in a beautiful house we call home! We have so much to be thankful for! Most of all, I am thankful for Jesus, who not only has given me access to Him on a daily basis, but also who loves to bless me and my family with good things! Food, family, faith, fun -- all because Christ loves us! I must admit, I miss spending this day with my extended family like we used to do. Each of my siblings now celebrate amongst themselves - no more big gatherings like we used to do. "For everything there is a season....and a time for every purpose under heaven." Seasons come, seasons go, but the Word of the Lord endures forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly