Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy Anniversary to my Blog (and I'm not talking about my husband!) !!!

Wow! It's been an entire year since I started this blog! I've looked back into the archives and can still remember many of the meals I prepared, but not many that we ate at a restaurant (except maybe the Scholar's Inn). Funny how that is.

We are eating out a lot less now that I am preparing weekly menus and planning more thrifty meals. We are enjoying new recipes, but not as many as I had hoped I would try. I must have at least 100 cookbooks and I certainly haven't run out of recipes! So why do I go back to the favorites? I think "comfort" and "familiarity" are the key reasons for preparing so many of the same meals over and over again. I know how long each recipe will take to prepare and I also know what reaction to expect from the "peanut gallery."

Anyhow -- I wanted to wish myself a happy "one year anniversary" for a wonderful meal-making, menu-making blog. (Heck, no one else has, so why not me?) May I have many more years of menu planning and recipe sharing ideas. (Hold up glass to toast my computer screen with a big glass of Joshua's orange soda/punch.) And may I lose some weight in the process! (And everyone said: "Amen!) :=)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly